National Preparedness Month
September is National Preparedness Month & we'll be celebrating with events and contests throughout the month. Join us and test your knowledge, check your preparedness, tell your stories, and challenge your neighbors!
HERricane Arlington empowers women to pursue careers and leadership roles in emergency management through a week-long camp for girls ages 13-17. The program will provide hands on training in:
- Incident Management
- Natural Hazards
- Public Health (including CPR certification)
- Communications and Public Speaking
- All-Hazards Preparedness
- Leadership Skills, such as decision making, teamwork, ethics, self-awareness, and resolve
for updates and registration information.
Active Shooter Preparedness
What is your plan if you hear gunshots; Run? Hide? Fight? Shootings around the world continue to keep active shooter preparedness at the forefront of emergency preparedness training.
See Something, Say Something
To report suspicious activity, call 703-558-2222, and be specific:
- Who or what you saw
- When you saw it
- Where it occurred; and
- Why it's suspicious
As in all cases, if there's an emergency, call 9-1-1.
Text-to-9-1-1 is intended for three emergency scenarios:
- An individual who is deaf, hard-of-hearing or has a speech disability;
- Someone who is in a situation where it is not safe to place a voice call to 9-1-1;
- A medical emergency that renders the person incapable of speech.
ONLY text 9-1-1 in an emergency.