The mission of the Department of Public Safety Communications & Emergency Management (PSCEM) is to coordinate emergency preparedness and response capabilities, resources and outreach for the Arlington Community.
April is 9-1-1 Education Month
For more info on the Emergency Communications Center visit: Arlington911.com
Until Help Arrives
Learn how to be the help, 'Until Help Arrives'
Have you ever wanted to learn what to do in an emergency situation before first responders arrive? Learn how to be the help 'Until Help Arrives' by attending this training offered by the Department of Public Safety Communications & Emergency Management and the Arlington County Fire Department.
How to help your community
There are many ways you can help out during an emergency.
- The Disaster Volunteer Registry is a list of community members who would like to assist during a large-scale emergency when additional resources are needed. There is no training required!
- ANChoR is the volunteer program that supports the County's emergency management team in educating and assisting Arlington for emergencies.
- CERT is a group of people organized as a neighborhood-based team that receives special training to enhance their ability to recognize, respond to, and recover from a major emergency or disaster situation.
Text-to-9-1-1 is intended for three emergency scenarios:
- An individual who is deaf, hard-of-hearing or has a speech disability;
- Someone who is in a situation where it is not safe to place a voice call to 9-1-1;
- A medical emergency that renders the person incapable of speech.