What is your plan if you hear gunshots? Run? Hide? Fight? Shootings around the world continue to keep active shooter awareness & preparedness at the forefront of emergency preparedness training. Learn what to do.
Active Shooter Preparedness
What is your plan if you hear gunshots; Run? Hide? Fight? Shootings around the world continue to keep active shooter preparedness at the forefront of emergency preparedness training.
Text-to-9-1-1 is intended for three emergency scenarios:
- An individual who is deaf, hard-of-hearing or has a speech disability;
- Someone who is in a situation where it is not safe to place a voice call to 9-1-1;
- A medical emergency that renders the person incapable of speech.
ONLY text 9-1-1 in an emergency.
See Something, Say Something
To report suspicious activity, call 703-558-2222, and be specific:
- Who or what you saw
- When you saw it
- Where it occurred; and
- Why it's suspicious
As in all cases, if there's an emergency, call 9-1-1.
HERricane Arlington empowers women to pursue careers and leadership roles in emergency management through a week-long camp for girls ages 13-17. The program will provide hands on training in:
- Incident Management
- Natural Hazards
- Public Health (including CPR certification)
- Communications and Public Speaking
- All-Hazards Preparedness
- Leadership Skills, such as decision making, teamwork, ethics, self-awareness, and resolve
for updates and registration information.