7:00 pm-9:00 pm
The Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Training
Free ArlCERT Basic Training will be offered to the community (groups and individuals) on the dates below. You will be trained by professional responders in areas that will help them take care of themselves and others before, during and after a major emergency.
Trainees become full CERT members after completing all class sessions and a drill/practical exam.
Areas of training include:
- Disaster Threats in Arlington County
- Personal and Family Preparation and Safety
- Recognizing and Treating Life-Threatening and Non-Life-Threatening Emergencies
- Triage and Treatment Area Management
- Incident Command System
- Disaster Psychology
- Fire Safety Techniques
- Light Search and Rescue Operations
- September 8 – October 2, 2021: Class in English
- 2022 (Fecha exacta por determinar): Clase en español
Classes are open to anyone aged 14+, though children under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.